For a whole lot more of Veggie family cuteness, come on over to our new blog:
The Veggie Family!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

First Trimester Symptoms

I realized that I haven't even filled you in on the wonderful symptoms of this second pregnancy so far. They are as follows:

1) TIRED
2) NAUSEATED

That pretty much sums it up!

I have never in my life felt this exhausted...even when I was pregnant the first time. It takes every bit of energy I can muster to just take care of Ellie all day. That means that there is NONE left for the many other things that need to get done (e.g., HOUSEWORK, unpacking the 20 boxes still sitting in my office, getting Ellie's "big girl" room ready, giving any kind of attention to my husband and plenty of other things I'm too tired to think of right now...) Ellie has enjoyed a little too much TV lately because of this but I know it will be back to normal soon so I'm not too worried. I must say a big thank you to PBS Sprout and Noggin, though! You have kept my daughter happy while her Mommy rests with your wonderful, mostly educational shows many mornings these last few weeks. :)

As far as the nausea, nothing can be as bad as it was with my first pregnancy. Then I was sick ALL day and night for the first 4 months. This time it didn't start until just after 7 weeks and I think it is now at it's peak. At first I was getting sick just first thing in the morning but now, the last week, it's been several times a day. This makes it hard to go to my classes and play dates scheduled for Ellie because I have a huge fear of getting sick in public. I actually had to run from a store last Monday as fast as I could to my car so I get sick in a little bucket I brought along for the drive. It was horrifying! I'm happy the baby is healthy, but HURRY UP second trimester! I'm ready for the best part of pregnancy...more energy, no nausea, and FEELING THE BABY MOVE! What's better than that??????

5 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Hi! Oh my goodness - I could have written your post word for word. The only difference is my first pregnancy was totally nausea-free, so all this sickness has been a whole new yucky world for me!

And so am I reading correctly that you are having a repeat c/s? I would love to read more about that - or whatever your delivery choice is. Maybe I just haven't looked far enough back in your posts yet. Anyway, thanks for reading my silly little blog! I added you to my blogroll so I can keep tabs on you, too.

By the way - CONGRATS!

Crystal said...

What did you ever find out from the doctor when they called you? You can call me if you don't want to put it on here...or tell me on Sunday.

Paige said...

Thanks Megan :) Congrats to you too!
I started to explain the reason for the repeat c/s here but have decided to turn it into a post instead. As I was writing, I realized I have a lot more to say about how I feel about it then I have time to write right now... I'll post it in the next few days when I have more than just 5 min to spare!

Paige said...

Crystal- all is fine. They were actually calling me with GOOD news of the test results. I'm used to only having a call from the doctor for bad news... That's why I was worried when they had left a message for me to call them.

Crystal said...

I'm glad everything is good! I'm looking forward to Sunday...heading to bed now...it's been a long evening! (and a LONG day ahead of me tomorrow)