For a whole lot more of Veggie family cuteness, come on over to our new blog:
The Veggie Family!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

10 Weeks

My doctor's appointment today went really well. She basically just wanted to know if I had any questions or concerns and since I didn't, it went pretty quickly. The main thing I wanted to talk about was the complications I had with my last cesarean (uterus not contracting and me loosing a lot of blood) and the possibility of them happening again. She said they would definitely be prepared for that but it is unlikely to happen again since I won't actually be going into to labor this time. What most likely caused it is that my uterus was overworked (like any other muscle can be) from the 30 hours of contractions and that it simply refused to contract anymore during the time it needed to happen. We also set the delivery date for me to deliver at 38 weeks to help ensure that I will most likely not go into labor on my own. So the new date is August 28th! That is two days before my husband's birthday and 3 days before our anniversary. If all goes well, we'll be coming home from the hospital on our anniversary.
The only other thing we did besides talk was listen to heartbeat. It was going strong and the doctor proclaimed "That's one happy baby!". It made me feel great and much more confident that the baby is here to stay. Only a few more weeks until my second trimester!

No comments: