For a whole lot more of Veggie family cuteness, come on over to our new blog:
The Veggie Family!

Friday, January 5, 2007

Big Sis


Now, I can’t have a blog without dedicating one of my first posts to the Big Sister-to-Be. Our wonderful daughter was born on December 28th 2004, thirty hours after the first contraction, via caesarian section. We named her Elizabeth Arin (Elizabeth meaning “consecrated to God” and Arin meaning “enlightened”). We started calling her Ellie from the very beginning, though, which has the appropriate meaning of “light”. She truly IS the light of our lives. I never imagined how much our lives would change because of her and no way now can I imagine life without her. She brightens up our each and every day and just absolutely amazes us with every new thing she learns. We decided that I would be a Stay at Home Mom before she was born and although it hasn’t always been easy, I’m very grateful (especially to my incredible husband) that I’ve been able to be there for all those “firsts”. She was a pretty happy, clam baby and now has turned into a very happy, ACTIVE toddler! She loves to play with her baby dolls and is great little “mommy”. I can’t wait to see how she is going to be with the new baby. Of course, right now, I don’t really think she understands that there is baby in her mommy’s tummy and I don’t even intend on trying to explain it to her until I really start to show. But she definitely has caught on to the excitement and has been bouncing off the walls lately! Anyways, before I start talking quite a bit about the new baby, I just wanted to share how much I am in love with our first. We love you Ellie!

(more pictures of Ellie at the bottom of the page...)

No comments: