
I had my first doctor's appointment on Wednesday. It was actually just with a nurse and was called a counseling session. With my last pregnancy, the doctor didn't see me for the first time until I was 10 weeks along so this appointment was kind of nice. The nurse met with me in a private board room like room and we just set at the table and talked about a lot of different things. We covered my entire medical history and the history of my last pregnancy and birth. We then went over everything to expect with this pregnancy and then over what appointments will be coming up and also everything about the doctor and even about the hospital I'll be delivering at. She also gave me a whole bag full of books and pamphlets to take home including 2 really thick books called "Your Pregnancy & Birth" and "Your Baby's First Year". Also included was a really neat magazine called "As Your Baby Grows from Conception to Birth" which is full of actual pictures (taken with a microscopic camera) of what your baby looks like at each month of development plus all kinds of information. It's really cool and I'm going to try and remember to post a new pic each month from it. Overall, the appointment lasted a little over an hour and so I am already really impressed with this doctor's office and the amount of time they spend to actually get to know you before you even have your first real doctor's appointment. As I left, we scheduled my first ultrasound for Feb 1st (I'll be 8 weeks) and my first



No comments:
Post a Comment