For a whole lot more of Veggie family cuteness, come on over to our new blog:
The Veggie Family!

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

So far so good...

The appointment on Monday went fantastic! The baby passed the non-stress test with flying colors. :) The doctor checked me and I was not dilated at all...hurray! She did say that the baby was really low and that I was 50% effaced already but that doesn't necessarily mean labor is imminent. She even somewhat took me off of bed rest! I am still supposed to limit my walking as much as possible, still no lifting (including Ellie), just nothing strenuous what so ever. It still stinks because I had a lot of pre-baby things planned to do with Ellie that do require a lot of walking that I still won't be able to do, but that's okay. I'll just have to come up with other fun things for us to do at home together. I really want to cherish our last couple of weeks together before little sister turns her world up-side-down. But at least it is looking hopeful that I will make it to my scheduled delivery date. I have another appointment tomorrow and if it goes well, my next one won't be until next Thursday. Every time I go now, Ellie asks me if the doctor is going to take the baby out. When I came home on Monday she asked "Mommy, where's the baby?", fully expecting me to have just had the baby even though I was gone for just an hour and a half! If it could only be that easy... :)

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh if ONLY it were that easy! LOL.

So glad things are looking good. I bet it is awful to not be able to lift Ellie, but good practice I suppose for your recovery days.

Thanks for taking the time to update!