For a whole lot more of Veggie family cuteness, come on over to our new blog:
The Veggie Family!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

So far so good...

The ultrasound tech did not see anything obviously wrong with Josie so that's great news! Of course the radiologist still has to read it so we won't know for sure until then. The tech joked that "She just has a big head because she's so smart!" I had to laugh because my little genius Ellie has a small-for-her-age sized head. In fact, her and Josie's head measure the same size! Just look...



Pretty crazy huh?

Speaking of Ellie, she has been running a 103 degree temp since yesterday. I called the doctor and there is a virus going around that will cause this with no other symptoms and it will probably last for 4 or 5 days. Yuck! That means we'll be missing playgroup, ballet, tumbling and a birthday party. (She's not going to preschool anymore...more about that another time.) She feels miserable and just wants to hide from the world.

(See her foot?)


Poor thing...I don't blame her one bit!
Everyone think healthy thoughts and send them our way, okay??? :)

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I hope Ellie feels better soon! She isn't going to preschool anymore?? Does she miss it? We still need to get together soon. I think Leon has finally gotten past his hurdle with the diarrhea after 3 weeks!!!!! I'm glad that they didn't find anything wrong with Josie...good luck!

Unknown said...

We will miss you guys this week.
Thinking BIG HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!!
Get better quick!

Tammy said...

I know it was awhile back that you posted this, but I found a comment you posted on SortaCrunchy's blog with the delayed vaccination schedule you used. Did you do everything the way Dr.Sears book had listed other than the Rotavirus, chicken pox and flu shots? I want to do this with my baby, but I don't have his book so I wanted to double check, if you don't mind!
Thanks!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh no! Poor Ellie! I hope she is better soon. That last virus we had was one where the temp lasted for five days. No fun!

Great news on Josie's ultrasound! Let us know if anything else crops up in the results.

Man, I wish we lived closer together! I bet we could have a regular CHAT-fest if we could hang out for playdates and the like. Oh well. ;)

Paige said...

Tammy-

That's great that you are making an informed decision! I've been planning on doing a post about this for a long time but just haven't gotten to it. Here is what we've done so far (at 6 months):

2 months - DTaP
3 months - Pc, HIB
4 months - DTaP
5 months - Pc, HIB
6 months - DTaP

She will have another PC, HIB at 7 months and then at this point I think we will be done until 12 months (skipping the Polio). At 12 months I'll make the decision whether to do Mumps then or not. As time goes on (and because of excessive fussiness from this latest shot), I'm leaning more towards Dr Sears' "Selective Vaccine Schedule". I will be sure to put what that is in my post.

I am happy to answer any questions you have (from the book, since you don't have it). Just send me an email!

Paige said...

Megan-

Yeah, high fevers are DEFINITELY no fun...

I think it would be a blast to live closer! :) You are the only Mommy I know with two kids almost the exact same ages as mine... The girls could have so much fun playing and we would for sure have tons to talk about!