For a whole lot more of Veggie family cuteness, come on over to our new blog:
The Veggie Family!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

18 Weeks



Sorry I haven't written more about the ultrasound yet. I'm only able to post when Ellie is asleep and lately she has been skipping naps so that leaves nighttime when I just want to be with my hubby. Tonight he is in the recording studio, though, so I will finally share a few more details.
IT'S A GIRL!!! I know I already told you, but it's fun to tell over and over. :) I was secretly hoping for Ellie to get to have a little sister but had prepared myself for the opposite by thinking about all the wonderful joys a little boy would bring us too. When the tech finally announced "It looks like we have a girl!", I actually got teary eyed. Images of two little giggling girls flashed through my head...tea parties, playing dress up, sharing secrets, always having that built in best friend by your side... I'm sure those of you with sisters might tell me that it's not always so blissful, but that's how I (who grew up with three older brothers) have always imagined it. I feel so blessed to be able to witness that sisterly bond.
Eric and Ellie were both able to be there and Ellie did much better this time. She was still very clingy and held on to her Daddy for dear life but she made it through it with no tears. Eric kept pointing out the baby to her on the monitor but I'm sure it was hard for her to understand. Most of the ultrasound was done in 2D and then at the very end we switched to 4D. The picture from 4D doesn't do it justice of how neat it actually was. I could see my little baby inside of me so clearly, it was truly amazing. I could see her features and all her movements and that she had her little hand up by her face. We taped it and I've already watched it a couple of times again already.
We had a quick visit with the doctor afterwards and she said all the images and measurements from the ultrasound look great. I asked if I would be able to have any more ultrasounds and she said we don't need to do anymore unless, of course, we suspect a problem but that we may be able to go ahead sneak one in again at 36 weeks. I would definitely feel much better about delivering at 38 weeks if we got to do another one (to check her size) so hopefully that's what will happen.
After we got home, Ellie made a few very cute calls to our parents and announced the news. Ellie has said all along it was a baby girl or sister so it was really fun to hear her tell her grandparents and actually be right.
That's right, Ellie, we are being blessed with another precious, little you...

4 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh mama! I am all teary-eyed just reading your post!! *big sigh* I am so thrilled for you - two girls! Sisters!

I have to tell you - and I can confess this here because there is zero chance of my DH reading this - I am so secretly hoping for a girl, too. I have a LOT of boy vibes and we tried the Shettles timing for a boy, but I will be just tickled if we have another girl. I have two sisters, and despite all the ups-and-downs of that dynamic, I know how special that sister bond is. Anyway, we will find out soon!

Congrats on a HEALTHY baby. SO proud of Ellie for doing well with the appnt, too! We have determined that D will not be going back to any appnts if we can help it. She just doesn't handle it well - at all.

How are you feeling?

Amanda said...

Congratulations, she's just beautiful!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Hey mama! Everything okay on your end? You may, of course, just be super busy. Just thought I would see how things are going!

Paige said...

Hi Megan :)
I'm still here...I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I posted! Whew...time has been flying!!!
Everything is good and I promise I'll post again soon. Thanks for the reminder! :)